Friday, August 28, 2026

More of that "Free market" fun!

 


4 comments:

  1. I think we're at that point where the Dad needs to step up and tell Mom it's time for tough-love? Like the young man that won't leave the house at 22, no job, no prospects? Son, it's time you grew up....
    The indigent will never, EVER, willingly lift themselves up by their own bootstraps. That's WHY they are indigent. IF they had any gumption, they would have gotten their shit together. But they don't. All the free money, food, and housing does is enable them. We as a society need to stop enabling them. If you want to help them, GREAT! But don't do it by enabling the very conditions that create the problem in the first place. It simply perpetuates the issue, as we've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. got out of the army back in 1991. signed up for bennies as I had 2 small kids in tow.
    I could not believe how much they gave me. just under 400 per week, 750 bucks for heat
    and over 500 in food stamps. yes back then it was a book of them. no card
    as it was the last week of the month. I got all of the past month and a week later more stamps for the next month. unreal. like a grand in stamps and the I got WICK money
    2-300 per month. landed a job inside of 2 weeks and call them about turning in the stamps I had leftover. like 6-700 worth. they told, NO ONE EVERS TURNS STAMPS
    BACK IN. (??) anyway, stopped in at our local butcher shop and saw a small sign that they take stamps. so, bought a Jeffery Dalmair freezer and load it up.
    yup, they packed everything for freezing and I blew the rest of the stamps there.
    later on, talking it over with my parents, I said I know now why so many people do not want to get a job. BTW, the heat check kept the oil tank full for 2 winters !
    and another thing, you can always tell who is using the EBT card as their cart if filled with junk food and soda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biggest contributors to the old "Partnership for a Drug-Free America" were big Tobacco, bigPharma, and the Alcohol industry. Gotta fight the competition...right???

    And all the convenience stores also profit HUGELY from SNAP.

    ReplyDelete